Patients who have poor supply of donor hair at the back of head, we can use hair from other body parts like beard, chest, axillae, arms or legs and pubic area.
It is done by FUE technique using small punches 0.7 to 1 mm in size. The wound heals within 4 to 5 days without leaving any practically visible scar.
Out of these especially beard hair are very good as they are thicker in diameter than the scalp hair and they can grow to any length.
Reason to Use
The body hair transplant procedure is ideal for those who do not have sufficient hair in the donor area of their head. Ideally donor hair from the back of head are taken, however in case of insufficient hair in that area; hair can be taken from other parts of the body. Body hair transplantation is used in the following cases:
- To finish the procedure of hair transplantation performed previously, in case there is insufficient hair on the head.
- To rectify the scarring on the scalp area including the scars that are a result of previously performed hair transplantation.
There are innumerable advantages attached to body hair transplant. Some of them include:
- Enhancing the possibilities of hair transplant by allowing the option of donor area from other parts of the body.
- Body hair transplant allows one to correct the scars on the scalp easily.
- It leaves minimal or almost invisible traces in the donor area.
- Patients can now use hair that they have considered unwanted for hair transplantation.
- These are good hair for eyebrow and eyelash transplantation.
We at Satya, routinely mix body hair with the scalp hair to get maximum coverage in cases who have limited donor area in the scalp.
HAIR TRANSPLANTATION AT DIFFICULT SITES:
We have been doing hair transplantation in difficult areas like eyebrows, beard, moustache, scars, scarring alopecia and eyelashes.
These areas are difficult to operate and a special care and expertise is required for such sites.
The advantages of beard hair transplant mentioned below:
- After the procedure, it can be naturally maintained by having a regular trim or shave done.
- Once transplanted, hair become permanent.
- They provide a natural appearance to your face and enhance your personality.